Wednesday, December 1, 2010

David Sedaris at Vroman's Pasadena

I've got two words to describe last's nights reading by David Sedaris:  high-larious.  Ok, that's only one word, and it's not even a word, but I don't think Mr. Sedaris would mind.  It fits in with his story of being in Holland and the Dutch linguist talking with him about American's penchant for putting two words together to make one odd one.  Ginormous, fabulocity, skort.  All of which I use.

He read from his latest book, "squirrel seeks chipmunk" and also excerpts of his journal while being on the road recently.  Did I already mention that he's funny.  Laugh out loud funny.  He collects jokes which he asks the audience to tell him while he's signing books.  Which is why I didn't get my book signed.  I can't tell a joke and the line was too long with people telling him jokes.  Oh well, I still love David Sedaris and I love Vroman's Bookstore.  If you haven't read any of his books - do so.  If you haven't been to Vroman's - go.  Both are worth it.

Happy reading.  And laughing.

Vroman's Bookstore
695 E. Colorado Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91101
Tel: 626-449-5320
Fax: 626-792-7308 
Vroman's

No comments:

Post a Comment