Sunday, November 28, 2010

David Weidman Meets Mad Men - A love story


 One of my fave artists meets one of my fave shows!  I think that David Weidman may think I'm stalking him.  I've been to his house many times over the past few years to buy many of his vintage prints for myself and friends and not only do I love his work beyond explanation, I heart him and his wife as well.  They are darling and the visit to his studio in the house they built themselves equally so.  So imagine my delight when his work shows up on Mad Men.  Heaven.  (insert sigh here)  If I counted how many pieces I had of his I might get in trouble with the husband...

See LA Times article here:   Set Pieces: 'Mad Men' gets the David Weidman memo



Two prints I've given as gifts:

"Small Elephant"









"Fat Cat"



The book is available on Amazon.com and is excellent and a must have if you're a serious fan.  Like me.  They are carrying some licensed pieces at Urban Outfitters as well:  Urban Outfitters -David Weidman

No comments:

Post a Comment